Saturday, June 12, 2010

So here's a funny story...

We had a speaking assignment in Etna, and Etna is about 40 minutes away from Afton, and we got started late, so we left our house at 8:40ish and we were speaking at 9am. So I book it............and got pulled over. :D

I'm not going to tell you how fast I was going, but I will tell you this, we made dang good time! (although I’m going to need some money to pay for the ticket) :D


Anyway, this week has been an alright one. Tons of stuff has been happening. Elder Weiland was made a District Leader, we got a flat on a new set of tires (which I changed in like 5 minutes…


...thank you Kory’s shop [note-where he worked as a tire-buster] :D), and we’ve been driving around like mad. We have a family in Alpine that we teach.....driving to Alpine and back to Afton is a long drive.

Anyways, to answer your questions....

-What foods have you learned to like while on your mission? ALOT!

-What is your favorite missionary lesson to teach? Why? The Plan of Salvation, because it's cool to see people who may have had friends/family pass on to finally know where they are.

-What is the most unusual thing that has happened to you while tracting? We don't tract, and here is why. We knock 10 doors....leave with 10 plates of cakes or cookies.



It’s true…that really happened to me in B-town.

By the way, I'm staying up here with Elder Weiland for another transfer, he says he needs my brain for ideas for his District Meetings, which is fine. :D

So guess what I found yesterday??? I didn't have my camera but I found a 1964 Chevy Chevelle, 2-door sedan.



Great shape. It just has a big dent on the driver’s side quarter panel, just like the Nova did. I about flipped!! But....it's not for sale. It's just sitting there. It's sad.

Anyways, that's all I’ve got to report.

Love ya,
Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment