Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

[note-This truck belongs to the owner of the music store over which Elder Evans lives]



[note-Elders Evans and Pape's Christmas tree...]


[note-At a recent Zone Conference with several of his MTC buddies...]

***********************************************************************

Hey family. I hope everything is going well!

This has been a pretty sweet week! I’m just going to talk about the highlights...
...because I don't have a lot of time to write a lot today. Sorry. :(

For the past week and a half Elder Pape and I have been praying to send someone our way who is ready to hear the Gospel. So, anyways, on Thursday one of our Ward Mission Leaders called us and asked if we were busy at 7 pm. No, we didn't have anything planned we were just visiting people. He told us about someone who wanted to learn the Gospel. So of course we said, "Heck yeah!" (:D )

We go over there and it’s a girl by the name of Janice. Janice has been hit with a lot of Anti stuff. Her Grandma hated the church, but she died. So Janice wanted to find the truth for herself. Janice is 17, and reminds me a lot of Ashlee Ray (same kind of personality). Anyways, we taught her the Restoration...

...and we committed her for baptism on the 26th, and she said YES! It was awesome!

We've been teaching her all week, and she's been coming to church.... all that good stuff, and she finally prayed at the end of the 3rd lesson. It was awesome!

Her Dad is hardcore less-active, and her mom is ...I don't know....lame, yeah there we go. :D But, Janice has come a long way as she has had Anti-CRAP! stuffed down her throat for 10 years.

It's amazing to see the impact that the Gospel has on people. It has changed her life for the better. She now knows the truth, and the truth is in the Book of Mormon.


That small book you can hold in your hands is the truth! I know that, and she knows that. How I love this Gospel. As a youth I really took it for granted. I was like, "Yeah, whatever, it's true, no big deal." But as a missionary of God, I now can say, "Yes, I'm a Mormon. Yes, the Book of Mormon is true!" I'm proud to be a member of His Church, and I'm so glad that I have been called to be an instrument in His hands to bring some lost souls to His gospel. I love that!

Anyways, that was the highlight of my week. Sorry it's so short, but we have a lot to do today before the time is over. I wish P-days were longer. :D

So after I write this letter, I'm going to go SNOWBOARDING!!

Yeah! It's going to be sweet! I'll take some pictures!!!

Anyways family, I love you guys.
Elder Evans.

No comments:

Post a Comment