Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year from Bountiful!


Well howdy, family! I hope you all had a very dandy new year. I didn't, as I totally forgot about it. :D And we’re not allowed to stay up past 10:30 anyway, so it's all good. :P

Well, this week has been pretty sweet!

Kristi had her baptism interview and she passed. Yeah! So now all we’ve got to do is wait for the 16th of January. :D And then we’ll be having another baptism on the 23rd for Josh. So that's two so far for the month of January!

Yesterday, about 7a.m. or so, we got a call. This person was telling us about his friend who has been to church four times, and has read most of the Book of Mormon, and wants to be taught. So today we will be teaching him. :D

Janice is also doing really well. We haven't re-committed her for baptism yet. We don't want to go against her parents. Janice really wants it, but her parents keep saying NO. So hopefully, through time, their hearts will be softened.

I really enjoy being with my new companion, Elder Snyder. We have the same interests, and all that good stuff. I know that the next transfer isn't coming too quickly, but I have the feeling that I'll be leaving. Something keeps telling me to prepare for what's coming. Whatever that is....I have no idea. :D But, I hope it's something good. I can see my life changing right before my eyes. It's crazy. But the change that I'm going through is good.

I'm wishing and hoping that I'm here in B-town for 1 more transfer, so that will make it 6 months here. I love this place. I wouldn't mind living here. Maybe someday…

We've been getting blessed like mad these last few days. One older lady called us over and gave us 50 dollars a piece! 50 smackers!! Then some guy gave us a 20! Good Gosh! I Love it!! :D

Elder Snyder and I got to be witnesses for someone’s marriage...




...That was pretty sweet.

I went on a Zone Leader exchange with Elder DaSilva. He's from Brazil. And he is so funny! I had a way good time. He's going home at the end of this month, and he is scared out of his mind! hahaha.

I'm glad you all had a good Christmas. I wish I could have been there.

Oh, did you guys get my letter yet? It's got my pictures in it. :D [note-below are a few of the pictures he included]


[Elder Dill and Elder Evans at a Zone Conference luncheon.]



[Elders Evans and Pape in their apartment with a gingerbread house someone gave to them.]


[Elder Evans keeping warm.]


Well, that's pretty much all I have to say. I just want you guys to know that this is God's church, and He is the master behind everything. The Book of Mormon is true.

Anyways, I love you guys.

Love,
Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment