Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Short and Sweet

Hello everyone! I hope all is going well. :D

So we've had a good week. Josh was baptized on the 23rd. That went really well. He asked me to speak on the Holy Ghost, so I did. I tried to keep it as simple as I could since he is only 10 years old.

Our youth lessons are going great! It's been a lot of fun. There is one kid who reminds me of me at his age. He’s 16, and he's a sarcastic little punk!! It's so funny to see. I just laugh every time. :D

Our Young Single Adult lessons are going good, too. I love doing them, but it’s hard at the same time. There are either RM's, or really, really pretty girls. It’s tough! But I love it. :D

Gary and Janice are coming along. Gary may still get baptized on the 30th (fingers crossed), but Janice's parents are still holding back on giving their permission. I just wish I could tell them that if they don’t let her get baptized her sins will be on their heads, but I'm not going too. I like to have people like me, and not hate me. :D

Well, in my last interview I asked President if I could stay in Bountiful one more transfer, and he said, "Nah, you’re probably gone." So, I guess that means most likely I'll be boltin’.

I do want to leave you with my testimony, that I know that God lives, and that he is the head of this church, and that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and he did infact appear to Joseph Smith. The Book of Mormon is true, those 531pages you can hold in your hands are powerful. That little book is what changes peoples’ lives. It's not the Missionaries, it's the Book of Mormon. The Holy Ghost is there, and he lives to lead and to guide us. If we listen to his promptings we will never fall away. Always live worthy to have him as your companion. Make him your best friend. I love each and everyone of you, just as God does.

So, that’s it for now.

Love,
Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment