Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Here In Bountiful

Nothing really cool happened, but here it is…

10/13/09 - P-DAY. No lessons. Lameness. :-(

10/14/09 - ZONE CONFERENCE! I saw Elder Watts...



It was good to see him again. I haven't seen him since the MTC. Now the last one for me to see again is my old MTC companion, Elder Swisher!

Zone Conference took up a pretty good chunk of our day. It was an hour drive there, zone conference was from 8-3pm, and then an hour drive back. So, yeah. No lessons today.

10/15/09 -TODAY WAS ALRIGHT. Okay, so here is the “highlight” of this day. We had dinner with a family, and they have a daughter who is 21, and is thinking about going on a mission. So we started talking, then she asked us what our plans are for Halloween...



“Nothing,” we said, “as we have to be in our apt at 6pm.” So I asked, “What are you doing, are you going to dress up?” She said that she wants to be Jasmine from Aladdin...


Then she said. "Elder Evans, do you want to be my Aladdin?" (Awkwarddd) And my reply was, "Uhhh…yeah…sure…sounds fun." She laughed then asked if I had a girlfriend. (Oh dear) And it became really awkward really fast. :-P

10/16/09 -
HAD ANOTHER BAPTISM TODAY. An older lady who was once a Jehovah’s Witness…but not no more! :D I didn't take any pictures since I never taught her.

10/17/09 - 4 MONTHS! Yeahhh! Wooot woot! 20 more to go.....wowzers. That's a long time. :D

Today was our "right place, right time" day. Elder Walker and I were walking around trying to get our 10 street-contacts. I said to him, “Hey, let's go this way”, not even really thinking about it, and we ran into a less-active lady who has been wanting to come back to church and wants to be taught again. So we told her what time her ward meets, and set up a time to meet and re-teach her. The other was a lady who was looking for missionaries to give her a blessing of comfort. She was going through a hard time and needed help. Again we took a different route and she found us. It was pretty sweet!

10/18/09 – SUNDAY. Busy as always. Meetings on meetings.....all that fun stuff. :D (note- Elder Evans and his companion cover three Stakes; which include a total of 21 wards!)

10/19/09 - NO LESSONS TODAY. Just visiting people, and helping them. Walked like 20 miles. No joke. (note-he is in the largest walking area of the mission)


So yeah, that was my week...

Anyways… I love you guys. Have fun, and stay safe.

I'm going to go hit up the D.I. (Deseret Industries thrift store). Yeah, it's going to be sweet. :D



Love,
Elder Evans


No comments:

Post a Comment