Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hey there, everyone!


Well, before I get into my letter. I just wanted to let you know that I'm being transferred…which I will talk about later in the letter. :D

9/22/09-Best P-day ever!! We did our shopping, wrote letters, and all that stuff. But, it was like "district hang-out" from 11-4:30. We bought ties, had Burger King...


Jamba Juice...


...and just hung out. It was so much fun. I love our district!

9/23/09-David had his final interview....and he passed! YEY-YEY! That was pretty much my highlight.

9/24/09-Today was crappy. Our lesson fell through. But we did have a FHE with the Jones family…

9/25/09-Today was weekly planning, which took up most of the day.

This was also the day that Grandpa passed away.


That was pretty hard on me. But, thank goodness for the Plan of Salvation and that I know, I know, that I will see him again. Thank goodness for that, and the gospel of Jesus Christ.

9/26/09-Today was Homecoming!!


...so the work didn't go too well!! We talked to two drunk guys which was so funny as they were hammered!! But, we did meet a young man named Mark when we were talking to them. So we talked to him, and all that good stuff. He was really interested, but he lives in Salt Lake. So...we can't teach him. But check this out. He walked with us back to our apartment, and then we said our goodbyes. We took like two steps, and looked back and he was gone....he was no where to be seen.....Angel! :D

Oh, and David got baptized. Woot woot!!!

9/27/09-David was supposed to get the Holy Ghost, but ten minutes before church started we got a call. David was in the ER in Idaho...



He had something swell in his throat and he couldn't breathe. So we will do that Wednesday. (But I won't be there since I will be getting transferred, and he wanted me to confirm him…sadness.)

9/28/09 - 21 years old!!



WOOT WOOT! YEY-YEY! I had three.....three cakes today!!




I had a birthday party with the Althouse family, and that rocked! I love that family. I'm gonna miss them so much. So Elder Weiland got a call, and he will be Training. OH SHOOT! :D He'll be a way-good trainer.

9/29/09-I got my call this morning. I'm going to......(Drum roll)....






...Bountiful North, and will be serving with Elder Walker. And guess who my DL is....Elder Norton!! (note-his trainer) Woot Woot!

I'm way excited to leave, but I'm really sad, too. I love Logan, and I don't want to leave, but I do know that God has his hand in the work for me, and wants me to be in Boun-town North.

(note - On Saturday, October 3, Elder Evans had the unique blessing--with permission from his mission president--of attending his Grandfather's funeral, as the funeral was held in Clearfield, UT, which is in his mission, and is only about twenty minutes from Bountiful--where he had been transfered only four days earlier. Elder Evans' father, four sisters and I were allowed to pick him up at his apartment and his father was assigned, by the mission president, to serve as his companion during the funeral services...



...Elder Evans also served, along with some of his cousins, as one of the pall bearers (front right).




It was a beautiful service on a beautiful day, made all the more wonderful because Elder Evans was able to attend and pay his final respects to the grandfather he dearly loved and who, himself, was--and, no doubt still is--a great missionary!)

October 6 - Here in Bountiful, it is freezing!...but I love it.

I really don't have much to say for this week, since I just just saw you guys, but I do have a few things...

On the 2nd we taught a millionaire....and he's 23. He is a social networker, and is making bank!! -Oh Shoot! He is a way cool guy, very nice, very humble, loves to learn. Okay, here comes the cool part…we were teaching him and I noticed that he kept looking at me. Then finally he said, “Elder Evans, have we met before?” “No, I don't think so”, I said. Then he said, “I know I have met you before in the life before. I know it, and that you are here to teach me.” I was like “Holy Moly”.... It was such an amazing thing to feel because once he said that the spirit testified to me that it was true. That's why I'm here in Bountiful.

On Sunday we went to a member’s home for General Conference...


I guess here in Bountiful they don't show it at the church. The home we went to were the Mason's; a way nice family. They have five girls and one boy… poor kid, aye. It was awesome to be with a big family again for Conference, and Conference rocked! Oh man! Oh, and Elder Walker and I got ice-cream after the Priesthood Session...


...TRADITION!!

I want you guys to know that I have a testimony of the Plan of Happiness. I know that after we die we will be with our loved ones again. I know that! And I know that Grandpa is a missionary up there right now. He is teaching people about the Highest Glory of heaven, worlds without end, so that they can become gods to the most-high God.

I love you. You are my family and I couldn't ask for anything more.

Love,
Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment