Saturday, August 1, 2009

It's Picture Time!

I really enjoyed being in the MTC, but after three weeks I was ready to get out into the mission field and begin to share the Gospel...


Elder Swisher and I finally figured out where Ogden, Utah was, so that was a relief!!!

All of us that were headed for the Utah Ogden Mission got together for one last MTC shot with one of our teachers, Bro. Billings (who, I found out the night before we left, was good friends with my brother and sister-in-law, Jonathan and Candace, as they had been in the same branch when they were attending college in Silver City, NM!).


We arrived at the Utah Ogden Mission office on July 7th...


...and by the end of the day we were exhausted!!!! Luckily there were plenty of beds for everyone.


As you saw in an earlier post, I got to meet my awesome mission president, Pres. Olson, and his wonderful wife, and was then assigned to my "trainer" (and good friend from Eastern Arizona College!) Elder Andrew Norton. Then off we went to my first assignment in the beautiful Cache Valley town of Logan, Utah....

This is our apartment...




...our living room...




...our bedroom (I'll bet you can't guess which bed is mine :-D)...


...and our kitchen (all nice and clean...Mom would be proud!).


Logan is not only a beautiful town, but is also occasionally an "interesting" one, as well. For instance...what is that?


...and YIKES! We were invited to a Samoan dinner party and actually got to "meet" our dinner (although he appeared to be a bit "out of sorts")!!!!


But, nonetheless, I knew for sure that Logan was going to be a "cool" place to serve when I saw this....

Yep, it's all good!!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment